TN Academy represents 1300 Academy members who are food and nutrition experts in our state. Thank you for considering the offer of continuing education credits for our members at your next professional or business event. The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) has switched to a paperless system for prior approval of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) activities. All activities and their supporting materials are now submitted directly to the CDR Database by the organizations contact and then reviewed by the Tennessee Affiliate Reviewer online. Activity verifications are generated by the CDR CPE Database. Below are the steps to have your program reviewed for continuing education credits.
1. Review the Prior Approval CPE Guidelines and submit online request
2. Pay appropriate CPE fee
- $20 to review a single continuing education activity per site.
- $25 late fee for requests submitted between 2-4 weeks prior to the program. Requests received 2 weeks or fewer prior to the program won't be processed.
Billing: You can pay using a credit card, PayPal or by check.
- Credit Card or PayPal Instructions:
- Email the Executive Director to request an invoice. Please reference the event by title, date and location in your email.
- Both credit card and PayPal payments will have an additional 2.9% processing fee.
- Credit card payments are made through PayPal .
- Check Instructions:
- Include a check for the appropriate fee made payable to the Tennessee Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Submit ONE copy of the approval form and check to:
Tennessee Academy Of Nutrition & Dietetics
6675 Highway 436
McKenzie, TN 38201-8748
Attn: Continuing Education Approver
3. Wait for Action
There are 3 types of action that can be taken on an application:
- Approval when the application and material substantiate that the criteria are met. You will be notified through the CDR Database.
- Deferral when the application substantiates limitations in meeting criteria that can be resolved immediately. You will be asked to submit additional documentation.
- Denial when the application does not meet the criteria of the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Continuing Professional Education Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-415-9383